- Writing is, without dispute, the best facilitator for thinking, reading, learning, understanding and generating ideas we have. - How to Take Smart Notes
- To learn more
- To promote a product
- To promote yourself. Story of how an artice & talk directly led to client wor.
- To display your expertise.
- To generate new expertise.
- To help others.
- To get in the habit of writing more.
- To keep a personal knowledge base.
- To help lightning strike. If a post comes out about the right thing at the right time, it will go viral. If it does not, it will not. All you can do is keep releasing.
- Gives you a way to answer recurring questions once.
- Journaling is a cheap and effective form of therapy and meditation.
- Writing gives you more data. The more you write, the more you learn based on the reactions to the writing.
- It an essential skill for remote work. Not everything can be explained 1:1 or on a zoom call.
- When writing, you've codified your ideas and can talk about them better.
- When looking for jobs, or thinking about a new product, or anything else, you always wish I had written an published more. This isn't something you can do just-in-time, you need to do it before its time.